Saturday, July 10, 2010

May 31--Memorial Day

I have been snapping pictures like crazy to keep you all posted on our exciting life, but my computer has decided to throw a temper tantrum. Whenever I plug in the camera it screams "Device not recognized" or "Error code ******" or "Unable to upload images". We've tried disabled Norton while we upload, but no luck. We've tried about every combination of plugging in the usb and turning of the camera, but to no avail my pictures are still trapped on the memory card--maybe we need a card reader. I'm thinking a new usb cord might solve the problem because both the desktop and the laptop are mad at me right now. Any advice would be so appreciated (my camera is a Canon-Rebel xti).
So, let's jump back to the last of the photo's I was able to upload. Here is little Wes sweating it out in the sun on Memorial Day. We spent the day with Dave's family for the annual
Germer Memorial Day Celebration. This year we picnicked at Russ & Rita's "lower 48". Russ and Rita live on a hill and after a massive mudslide the lower 48 (flat area now equipped with swing set, picnic tables, basket ball court, and sandbox) was created. We had a great time catching up with cousins, watching the Germer talent show, eating Mary's lemon bars, and watching the kids play together. While we were there Mary figured out this tradition has been going on for some 50 years!

2 comments:

Camille said...

I LOVE that photo - so perfect!

Unknown said...

I just randomly came upon your blog, using the "next blog" function at the top. I wanted to let you know that my Rebel XS was giving me an "error 99"; I couldn't get it to work at all! I sent it to their repair center and they fixed it for free in about a week (including shipping to and from Alaska). They said that it something wasn't compatible in the camera software, but I think I updated it on my own and it still didn't work. I hope this helps :)
This form http://www.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/dealer/FSC.pdf and mail it to
Canon Factory Service Center
12022 Canon Boulevard
Newport News, VA 23606