Thursday, December 2, 2010

December 2—Winter White Light, Beautiful Browns & Baby Blues

Have you ever noticed that each season has a color?  The sunlight seems to take on a different hue depending on the time of year?  I don’t know if it is the position of the sun in the sky or the reflection color from the landscape that exists during each season, but I would say Spring is a soft greenish yellow, Summer is kind of a harsh yellow/white, Fall is an hazy orange yellow, and Winter is a stark bluish/white. 

Today while cutting up grapes for Wes I realized that this fabulous winter white light was flooding my kitchen, making the kids eyes glow and their skin look like porcelain.  So, without wiping off their faces I pulled out the camera. 

Miles said, “take some pictures of my eyes”  so we did. 

Miles Brown Eyes Mosiac

And..here is Wessy showing off his baby blues. 

Wessy Mosiac

Now that I’ve discovered the great lunch time light in my kitchen you might be seeing lots of high chair photos, or bring your kids over for lunch and I’ll share the great light with you.

**One year olds in overalls are just about the cutest thing ever**

1 comment:

Sheree said...

These are beautiful pictures!