Thursday, June 11, 2009

BUZZZZZZZ!!

All week long while we were at my mom's Ian kept asking to see the bees. My dad has been a beekeeper for awhile, but for the last few years he has not had any hives. Recently he bought back two of his old hives and is back in the business. Now this has the grand kids excited because they can wear the bee suit out with Grandpa to look and the bees, it has me excited because it means lots of honey!! Honey candy, honey rolls, and lots of pb& honey sandwiches--mmmm...



So, the whole time we were visiting my mom Ian kept asking if he could put on the bee suit and go look at the bees. We kept telling him he would have to wait until Grandpa came home. Everyday he would go look at the bee suits and venture out as close as he dared towards the hives. Finally on Saturday when Grandpa was back they put on the suits and headed out to take a look. (Here are a few pics--I finally had a camera!)



Look at all the bees!



My dad tried to find the queen for Ian to see, but she was hiding.


Ian with some honeycomb.


Getting ready.


Me with my little beekeeper.


The little beekeeper with Miles.


Big alien, Little alien. (The bee suits do look like space suits of some sort)












8 comments:

Rich and Nichole said...

Wow- what a cool thing for your boys to see and experience. With the exception of the hive at the discovery garden at Thanksgiving Point, I don't think my kids have ever seen an active hive. Cute picture of you PG-- you look wonderful.

Katie L. said...

Those pictures of your dad and Ian in their suits together are priceless! I love them! What a fun thing!

Marianne and Matt said...

How neat!!! I had to laugh because this post is almost exactly the same as my last post...even with the same title!!(I want to be a beekeeper too:)

Nicol said...

Love it...My kids would be running away as fast as they could. What a treat for Ian.

tamster17 said...

What a neat experience! So cool that your dad has beehives! The pictures are adorable -- big alien, little alien! :-)

Shanna said...

Those are such great pictures! Ian looks so cute in the bee suit.

Hillary said...

Those pictures are priceless. Looks like he had a great time and G&G. He sure is all boy!

Maryann said...

What a need experience for your boys! They look adorable in those little suits!