Friday, October 16, 2009

Back to August 29th

Here is Wesley the night he was born. We were watching the kids run around the front yard after a milkshake trip to Arctic Circle when my water broke. We rushed the kids to the neighbors and were off the the hospital. They got us checked in and since there were no contractions to speak of I decided not to get the epidural yet. We waited and the nurse came in and after a quick check I decided it was time for the epidural even though the contractions were not that bad. She said okay--then came back and said after the emergency c-section the anesthesiologist will be right in. As soon as she said this everything started moving real fast. This baby was coming now! I couldn't push because there was no doctor! After what seemed like a long wait the anesthesiologist shows up and informs me I can either have the baby or get a spinal block, well there is still no doctor so we opted for the block (plus I had never planned on doing this without the drugs). Right after the block kicked in the on call doctor and my doctor show up--so we had a room full of people for Wesley's arrival.
He was our biggest baby at 7 lbs 3 oz and he had/has so much hair he might be getting a haircut soon. Come to find out there were 3 emergency c-sections that night and when we left labor and delivery there were women in the waiting room hoping to get a room soon. After a crazy night we were happy to have our little boy here healthy and safe.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

What a sweet picture. We sure love that little boy of yours. Actually I am quite fond of the other two also.
Yay for a new post. :)

Jennifer said...

OK, you are the most polished, put-together new mom I have ever seen. No wonder Wesley's such a cute baby -- it's in his genes.

Julie said...

Congratulations!! Super cute picture of you and the baby.