Saturday, August 14, 2010

July 23--New Toes, Dead Voles, & Short Grass

Started the day off with a quick 8 mile bike ride. Short, but biking in Cache Valley is glorious. No constant traffic zooming by, no traffic lights every two blocks, no gutters running through each intersection...although we did almost get ran over by the Munk's farm truck.
After the ride we (mom, Mindy, & me) went into town for pedicures. I have never had one and let me say it was the best $25.00 my mom ever spent on me. Sorry no pics, my toes still long and cheeto like, but adorned in glitter red and rhinestones.
While we were gone my dad decided to educate my boys in the ways of the country by having them hold the hose down some vole holes while he conked the voles on the head with a shovel when they ran out the other side.
After the pedicures I sat on the porch soaked up some Cache Valley sunshine, admired my dad's garden, and watched him mow the lawn with the boys. Notice the headphones that are as big as Miles head I think they were suppose to make Miles think the lawn mower was not as loud as it really was.
Can't wait to collect on this stuff when it is ready in the fall.


No comments: