Saturday, August 14, 2010

June 26--A Bike Parade & A Horse Ride

(Ian with his friend Kailer)
Today was our annual Primary Bike Parade. Every year the primary kids wait for this simple activity to come around. I've been told some of them can't sleep the night before, others wake up ridiculously early, some wash their bikes and buy decorations, while others practice riding and waving. Okay I haven't heard of anyone practicing their parade wave, but the rest is true. This activity in the past has required two things--a helium tank and Popsicles. This year we threw in a couple of horses and now I bet the kids won't sleep for a week. The horses led the parade and after the parade everyone got as many horseback rides as they wanted. Some kids went back 3-4 times. Brother & Sister Warner were so great with the kids and probably would have stayed out there all day just to make them all smile. I hope this becomes a permanent part of the annual tradition.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! I think simple is always best with primary. My kids would be in HEAVEN!

evi said...

so cute!

and i really like you blog!
like mine?:$

xoxo,

Nichole said...

Robin--
Didn't have an email for you...here's the link for Sunflower market. TOmorrow (wed) is the day to shop!
http://www.sfmarkets.com/sale-flyers/utah

see you there, then I'll chat about it on the radio waves!!