Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday (Or Tuesday in this case)

Miles Eyes 1

This is Me:  Can you see me?  In Miles eyes?  I probably should try to look at myself more often through the eyes of my children.

Clock

Resolution: My friend Linda posted this quote on her facebook page--

"If I thought too much about what had happened, I would get sad and angry, and I couldn't forgive the mistakes that had been made. If I thought too much about the future, that was too overwhelming. But if I stayed right in the present moment, I could handle things with grace and with ease."

Now of course Linda is an inspiration herself, she has this contagious energy that makes everyone around her want to embrace life more.  So that being said I’m following Linda’s example and going to try to focus more on the right now and not the list of things that needs to be done in the future or the stupid things I’ve done or said in the past.  Thanks Linda Lu.

Wes Sleeping

Innocence:  Baby sleeping, doesn’t get more innocent than that.  (He woke up right after I took this picture though and didn’t look at all innocent with the big tears, red cheeks, and booger bubbles.

Orange

Treasured:  My health.  After a year of mostly yuckiness I have learned to really treasure my health and this beautiful, yummy clementine looks pretty healthy to me.

Concrete

Primitive:  The concrete at the bottom of our front steps is crumbling into tiny pieces.  It probably wouldn’t qualify as primitive as far as age, but I thought the texture in this shot felt primative.

4795223164_aa1eb66c07_o

4 comments:

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Love the clementine photo! It is terrible how much we take our health for granted. Cute blog!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love every single one of these shots -seriously. I can't wait to see what you'll do for this coming week's prompts.

LL Cool Joe said...

I love them all too. And there is nothing more innocent than a sleeping baby. :)

linda said...

Thanks you so much for the nice words in your blog post! It truly made my day as I have been struggling with self doubt and needed that boost! You're the best.
Love you,
Linda