Monday, August 22, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday---Parallel Lines, Monet and Willy Wonka

Haven’t participated in Scavenger Hunt Sunday for awhile and this week is even a stretch.  All of these are from the archive, but I need some incentive to start taking more photo’s so I’m hoping this post will give me some inspiration.

1.  Geometry

Boys on Fence 1

Look at those parallel lines.  I don’t even know if parallel lines would be categorized as “geometry”  but I know I learned about them in math class.

2. Brushstrokes

Brushstroke Lilly Pads

Every year when we hike to Swan Lake in the Tetons these lily pads remind me of Monet’s lily pads.  I took a clean edit and then added  crosshatch and spatter filters at about 50% opacity.  Not near as great as Monet’s, but it does remind me of his famous brushstrokes.

3. Collage

Candy Collage

At our family reunion this year my Aunt really outdid herself with the fun decorations and candy theme.  I think she could give Willy Wonka a run for his money or candy should I say.

4. Hanging by a Thread

Hanging by a Thread

Here is my brown eyed boy hanging by a thread on my sisters backyard swing.

5.  On the Dotted Line

On the Dotted Line

Here is my pre-schooler practicing his writing skills on the dotted line.

Head on over to “Ramblings & Photos”  to check out all the other great entries.

 

4795223164_aa1eb66c07_o

7 comments:

Marcy said...

Love "Geometry." Wow, what a view! I love the boy's expression on "Hanging by a thread."

Unknown said...

Wonderful set of shots. I love the geometry shot and the candy collage!

Ashley Sisk said...

Absolutely beautiful set - I'm especially loving your first and last shots.

Anonymous said...

these are great!

Hillary said...

Great pictures! You are my hero....I want to be a photographer like you. I have the same camera, but mine don't turn out like yours. Guess, I should read the manuel and the book Jared got me!

Jenny said...

Beautiful set of photos! The colors in your collage really pop!

Robin said...

oh, I am just in love with all of your shots! So, bright, crisp and colorful! I especially love the collage. :) Well done!