Friday, November 2, 2007

So sick...

Okay, so maybe I over did it on the Halloween candy, maybe the popcorn I don't know, but the day after Halloween my stomach was protesting something. I called Dave at work and being the incredibly sympathetic and wonderful husband he is he came home to take care of the kids while I hunkered down. He was holding down the fort fantastically bringing me juice and medicine and telling me how I needed to stay hydrated when about dinner time he came in and said "I don't know how you do it, it's like herding cats." I laughed as hard as my sore stomach would allow-I had never thought of it that way. Now every time Miles cries or whines he sounds like a crying kitty!

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Sounds like he hit it right on the mark, herding cats is a great job description. Hope you are feeling better. Way to be a great husband Dave!

Mindy said...

Herding cats sound pretty accurate. It is amazing to me how a whining kid can really sound like a yowling cat! Too bad you can't lock the kids in the garage at night! I hope you feel better. Lay off the candy for a couple of days. :)

Katie L. said...

I think that all dads need to have that time with the kids where they realize this is NOT as easy as it seems. They appreciate you more! Way to go Dave! Hope you feel better!

Unknown said...

Being a sick mom is the worst! I feel so guilty when I have Michael come home from work to take care of me.

I'm sorry you were sick!

Shawn said...

I don't know what Mindy is talking about. When I take care of the kids I DO lock them in the garage.