Friday, May 30, 2008

A Graduation, an Animal Festival, and Memorial Day

Ian graduated this week! Yes, our 4 year old marched down the aisle to Pomp and Circumstance and received his first diploma. He still has another year of pre-school before he moves on to the big world of kindergarten, but he officially passed his first year of pre-school. he has had a great year learning a lot, and making some new friends.


Here he is with his best friend Jacob. Jacob likes Spider-man about as much as Ian.


Here is Ian with his teacher Miss Lici. She has been great. Ian has loved going to school everyday. He has learned to recognized all his letters and numbers, to write all of his letters and numbers, and is now working on sounds. He also comes home each day with some new rhyme or song that Miss Lici has taught them.
On Saturday we went to the Alpaca Festival. Dave has always had a secret desire to live in the country and raise Alpacas. I must admit they were very cute-so soft and fuzzy. They didn't seem very friendly though. Every time Ian tried to pet one they ran away -at least they didn't spit. There were a few for sale and they were going for about $16,000.00! I guess their fleece is really valuable and you can make a lot of money off of it, but I think if we ever live in the country we might have to get a llama instead.
Ian with a prize winning Alpaca. Notice the Alpaca is in the background because it wanted nothing to do with Ian.



For Memorial Day we went down Salem to visit my Grandma Lee's grave. We met up with my Grandpa, my family, and my Aunt Sharee's family. It was neat to see everybody together and know how happy that would have made Grandma. It has been almost a year since she passed away and I still miss her so much. I'm sure she was most happy about the great grand kids running around the cemetery playing together.

Ian, Sydney, and Kaylee.

Ian found this Superman costume at my Aunt Sharee's and he wore it all day long! Thanks Sharee.


After we visited the cemetery we went to my cousin Jessie's house. We had a fabulous BBQ and the cousins got to play together while the adults sat around a visited. I have such great memories of hanging out with my cousins when I was growing up, and it was so fun to see our kids playing together and hopefully building the same kind of fun memories. Thanks-Jessie, Cory, Sharee, and Craig.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm seriously jealous that you went to the alpaca festival. You are still reading Gone with the wind? I think it is going to take me a year to finish it, I ended up just buying it.

Katie L. said...

That was a fun day and I know that Grandma was running and playing with the kids too! Sam loves that Superman cape and I am surprised he didn't take it right off Ian! It's funny what kids love!

Jessica said...

It was so fun having everyone over. Kaylee was excited to have girls to play with! I bet Grandma was right in the middle of things!