Monday, June 2, 2008

Hot Day + Fire Hydrant = FUN!






My Ian is growing up so much lately. He has always been the best buddy, but lately we have had such a great time hanging out together. He plays superheros with Miles, he helps to fix lunch, he gets himself ready for the day (dressed and teeth brushed), he helps with the laundry, he helps empty garbage cans, he is learning his sounds, he tells funny jokes, and he is always telling me I look so... pretty (he knows to throw this one out right before bedtime so he can stay up late). Anyway, today we were hanging out and he was helping me fix some screens and plant some flowers in between his bike rides around the circle. Soon he noticed a "river" going down the gutter. Off went the shoes and in he went. I threw off my shoes too and we had fun splashing around. The water company was going down the street testing all the fire hydrants. We followed them for three hydrants (as far as I dared go since Miles was napping). Ian was soaking wet by the time the river dried up. He kept dipping his face and head into the water (this is giving me hope that swimming lessons might go well this summer). Thanks for the fun day Ian.

6 comments:

Hillary said...

What a great day for Ian! My boys would have been out doing the exact same thing. Isn't it great having two boys!

Maryann said...

Way cute! We love when our fire hydrants are tested too... glad Im not the only mom that joins in the fun!

Mindy said...

What a goof ball! I love the picture of him soaking wet! Yay that you joined in the fun too. We didn't grow up with fire hydrants and gutters, huh? Just cows and dirt clods. :)

Jillo said...

What a great day! I wish that would happen over here, I know three little boys that would think they had died and gone to heaven. Fun!
Would you mind telling Ms. Lici hi? We miss her. She is one of those amazing women that you wish you could be when you grow up.

Marianne and Matt said...

Who needs to spend money at a water park when you have fire hydrants, right? What a fun day!! Ian sure is getting big..he is such a cutie.

Julie said...

Oh what fun! I am not the least bit surprised you were in the middle of all the fun. You are the queen of that. :)