Tuesday, July 1, 2008

So Proud!!

We ventured out to the pool this past Saturday with kids in tow. I told Ian he would have to wear his life jacket if he wanted to go in the water-he is getting too big to carry around. In the past he has screamed and thrown a fit about the life jacket, but this time he had the life jacket on and buckled before I even got out of the car! Dave took Ian, I took Miles and off we went to cool down. After a few panic attacks and some tipping over Ian figured out he could float! He then figured out if he doggie paddled he could go anywhere in the pool he wanted to. He spent the whole afternoon doggie paddling from one end of the pool to the other. He was so proud that he was in the "deep" water and that he wasn't scared-I was proud too. He even practiced getting in and out of the pool all by himself. I now think I might be able to go to the pool on a week day without Dave. I'm sure his fear of water-without the life jacket-is still there, but he sure was excited and proud to be floating around all independent without mommy or daddy holding on to him. He even said, "I'm so proud of myself!"

4 comments:

Nora Mair said...

Go Ian!

Camille said...

Yea for Ian!

Amy said...

Glad it was a good experience! He's growing up fast, huh? Good job on the yoga classes too!

Julie said...

It is fun when they learn that independence. :) I thought about you as I did my yoga today. :)