Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Costume Parade

For those of you who know Nora this will probably not surprise you, but can I just say how lucky I am to have a friend who thinks up, plans, and then lets me come to all these great activities! I think she should write a book on party planning (just puttin' it out there). :)
Anyway here is our latest activity. Most of the kids in Nora's neighborhood were off track today--so Nora planned a neighborhood + the Noels costume parade/Halloween party for the kiddos. We paraded down the street, trick-or-treated at a few houses (she had pre-arranged this since it was the middle of the day), we ended at her house were we frosted Halloween cookies, played catch the ghost, there was a little pumpkin walk game (like a cake walk), a craft, and one other game! The kids loved it, the weather was perfect, so I hope Nora is up for a repeat next year!
Here are some pics of the fun day.

Nora's Addie the Snow Queen--she was particularly impressed with Nora's hairstyling abilities, to which Nora responded with "I grew up in the eighties--I know big hair."

Nora's Ben, the Ben-bot.


Nora's Paige-a butterfly. Paige is so photogenic--every picture I take of her looks great!

My Ian--Spiderman (I think you might recognize those brown eyes).

My Miles--little Winnie-the-Pooh. He was sick this morning, but paint his nose and give him two suckers to hold and he was back to happy in no time.

Ian making his Halloween cookie.

Ian playing catch the ghost.

Nora--thanks for the great day. You are amazing and talented and we love being the beneficiaries of your talents.

9 comments:

Julie said...

You are so lucky to have such a creative and patient friend! What a great time! Kids sure love Halloween. They look adorable!

Amber said...

How fun! And you're right- Nora does love to PAR-TAY!

tamster17 said...

How fun and nice to have a friend like that -- our kiddos are off-track right now too & I think that is such a great idea I might have to put into play next year for my neighborhood!

Adam and Bri VanSleeuwen said...

What a fun Halloween activity! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Rosie said...

That looks like so much fun!! Maybe I can rent some kids to take next year :)

Jillo said...

Cute kiddos! And great pictures. Looks like a fun time.

Amy said...

It's been waaayyy too long since I have been over to your blog! Sure was fun to catch up. It's weird to have Thursdays come around and no Noel boys. That is fun to have a friend that plans things! Looking forward to your digital how to's. :)

Mindy said...

So fun, so fun. We should have Halloween every month. It looks like you all had a great time. Your boys are so super cute.
We miss you! Are you coming up for Thanksgiving or what? Seriously I can't remember what you are doing this year.

Camille said...

What a fun Halloween idea!