Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Halloween

Okay--so here is what we did on Halloween night.
We got the kids dressed up and went up to Dave's sister Carole's house. Her and her husband Jeff live in the Harvard/Yale area up by the U. It was the perfect setting for trick-or-treating. Lots of old Tudor style homes, big trees arching over the street, and lots of friendly neighbors sitting on their front porches handing out candy. I think the warm weather made this Halloween particularly fun--it seemed like everyone was out and people were happy to visit and hang out, because we weren't freezing our tushies off. We made our way up one side of the street with my nephew Max leading the way. At the top of the street there was a church and they were cooking up hot dogs and passing out donuts, hot chocolate and cider. We made our way back down the street to Carole and Jeff's--Ian's bucket was overflowing with treats. Jeff then treated us to this amazing dinner of roasted chicken and veggies. Ian, Max, and Miles ran crazy while we visited with Dave's family (Richard, Michelle, Elisa, and Amber were there too.) I hope Carole makes this a tradition and if I'm hoping I really hope the weather is this great next year.

My cute nephew Max--the jaquar.

Carole's friend Francie and Carole as a peace lovin' hippie--check out that hair!

Jeff's amazing roasted chicken.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Looks like you guys had a great Halloween. That food looks amazing, and escpecially for a Halloween feast.

The DeVito's said...

Hi Robyn!
Of course I remember you! Your kids are darling BTW. Thank you for your nice comments. I'll definitely check out your blog, I love reading about people's lives. I guess it's voyeur in me!

Julie said...

Sounds like fun. The food looks amazing. I'm so sad, I brought my camera and we didn't get a picture when we got together.