Monday, January 30, 2012

January 18—Two ways to get your daily dose of Popeye

003

I don’t know about you, but healthy eating for me comes in spurts.  I will be doing great and then a chocolate cake will suck me in or I’ll rid my house of all junk food only to have Dave show up at home with a pizza.  Well, lately we have been doing pretty good and our new favorite treat is called “the green monster.”  It is bright green, looks extremly strange, and makes you look like a green mistachioed monster.  Wes and Miles are fans…Ian’s still deciding if he wants to risk a taste.  So if you want to brave it pour a cup of milk into the blender, add a handful of spinach, a frozen banana cut into pieces and half an apple. Blend until smooth and then pulse in about 6 ice cubes for texture.  It will taste like banana I promise and you’ll get your daily does of Popeye’s muscle building medicine.

025

Spinach dish number two….Italian Sausage and Spinach soup.  The recipe can be found here and let me just say all of the soups on this site are incredible.  My kids gobble this one up and Ian has even named the writer of this blog “The Soup Lady.” 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds yummy. I've never tried the green smoothies with bananas before. I will have to try that. I also want to try your soup. Yum!