Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12—Lots of Rain, a Pink Present & Two Rubino Pro Slicks

010 copy

My niece Claire recently had a birthday.  Miles just loves Claire and all week he was really concerned about making sure we got her a present.  We went to the store a few days ago and picked out a few things.  Miles kept throwing stuff in the cart that he knew Claire would “just love” or “need.”  He would have bought out the whole Hello Kitty section if he had a wallet full of his own money.  He also told me we had to get pink paper because is was her favorite color.  He picked out the paper and the bow and today we wrapped up Claire’s little present.  So glad my little boy has such cute cousins to spoil.

So, I have a race on Saturday…bike race that is.  My sister and I are competing in a duathlon.  She will run (because I don’t do that) and I will ride (because she doesn’t own a bike).  I am so stoked!  I have never “raced” in anything. I usually just hope to finish or sign up for “rides” where there is no official racing.  My ankle is feeling somewhat better and I figure I will be too excited to notice it on Saturday anyway.  Today I decided to get the bike ready.  Two new tires, cleaned and lubricated chain, and duct tape on my seat bag (the velco snags my expensive shorts). 

024 copy021 copy

023 copy

Pray it doesn’t rain on Saturday & hope “slick” doesn’t mean slippery! 

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh....all this time riding and I had no idea about the duct tape. I have ruined a few short from that DANG velcro....guess what I am doing tonight!

Robyn said...

The duct tape didn't work!!! It fell off on the car ride to the starting line. So I'm back to square one. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. $70.00 shorts should not snag!