Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Home to the Motherland




My friend Dave recently called us from the Tetons to report he had returned to the "motherland." I thought this term fit so well - we just can't stay away from those beautiful Wyoming mountains, and everytime we return it does feel like going home to the motherland.


We just returned from our annual family camp-out and desipite the constant rain it was a success. We spent the four days throwing rocks in Jackson Lake, looking at the mountians, visiting any visitor's center that was open, watching storms move in across the lake, cooking out, hiking, visiting with friends, lounging at Jackson Lake Lodge, watching the kids dig in the dirt, wading in String Lake, and relaxing. Insert ran from the rain between each activity and you will get a general feel of how the vacation really went. We did learn that our tent is about 95% waterproof and the towels we brought for swimming managed to tackle the other 5%. We can't wait for next year--we might have to go back in the winter and do some cross-country skiing with the kids.




3 comments:

Julie said...

Robyn- I am so excited to find you- ok you found me but I am still so excited!! I have so many questions for you. Could you email me so my comment isn't too long? Thanks Can hardly wait- carlson.julie@gmail.com. I love your blog and your boys are adorable. So glad you got to go back to the motherland. Keeping in touch- Julie

Nicolaysen's Neighborbood said...

Your family is adorable! It's great seeing pictures of you too! Glad you had a good time camping! I'm glad you told me about this blog so we can all keep up a little better. Now we just need to find Brook!! :)

Nicolaysen's Neighborbood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.