Saturday, February 9, 2008

All about me

I just did this tag and realized I had changed the 10 year to 9 years ago and the 5 years to 4 years ago! I can't even do simple math-I think I lose brain cells with each child. Well, what I was doing 9 and 4 years ago is much more interesting then 10 and 5 years ago so I'm going to leave it.

I love reading other people's tags and I realize my blog is almost completly to brag about my ultra-cute and charming kids so here is some info. about me. Thanks Julie-this will make for a great personal history scrap.

1. The best thing you cooked this week. I don't cook any more. I just pull something out of the freezer-defrost and eat! I'm part of a cook for a day group. We get together once a month and exchange 10 freezer meals amoungst us. The meals are for families of six and my kids are like little birds when they eat, so the food lasts us all month! The chicken fajitas were really good this month as well as the indian fry bread. :P Yum, yum!

2. If money, time, and babysitting were no object, where would you go and who with?
I would love to go to Tibet and go treking in the Himalayan Mountains. Of course I would want to go with my one and only-Dave.

3. When was the last time you cried? I'm not a big criier (is that a word?). Except for after I have babies then it is like the dam has broke and the water works don't stop until some hormone shots or medication come into play. I did shed a few though while watching Pres. Hinckley's funeral. I was very touched when the family walked in behind the casket and the 12 apostles were lined up on both sides of the entryway-almost like they were protecting and watching out for Pres. Hinckley's family.

4. 5 things you were doing 9 years ago.
1. Living in a studio apartment in Jackson, WY.
2. Working in a day care run by the school district hoping to get a teaching job in Jackson.
3. Cross country skiing as much as possible.
4. Hanging out with the two Lindas (Gunther and Whittington) Talk about the best friends anyone could ask for and they have the same name!
5. Eating at Betty Rocks a lot (great little sandwich place in Jackson)

5. 5 things you were doing 4 years ago. (Ian was about 3 months old and suffered from the worst colic ever!)
1. Hoping Ian would sleep through the night before he turned 13.
2. Hoping Ian would stop crying before I went crazy.
3. Trying to sleep whenever Ian decided to snooze.
4. We would go over the Nora and James house every Thursday night for dinner-it was a great escape and Ian was always an angel.
5. Even though I was sleep deprived and teary-I though my baby boy was the cutest, most handsome, and most amazing thing ever-I spent a lot of time just doting on him.

6. 5 things you were doing 1 year ago.
1. Nursing (a lot)
2. Doting on baby number 2- who was just as cute and handsome as the first, but didn't cry and slept through the night at 8 weeks!
3. Teaching piano lessons.
4. Primary Secratary (little did I know where this would lead)
5. Eating a lot (nursing makes me ravenous)


7. 7 of your favorite hobbies
1. Digital Scrapbooking
2. Reading
3. Backpacking
4. Gardening
5. Cleaning and Organizing (yes I do enjoy it)
6. Decorating my house (when the budget allows)
7. Baking/Cooking

8. 5 favorite foods
1. Cafe Rio Salad
2. Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
3. Cake (almost any kind-homemade-no nuts-and extra frosting)
4. Tomato sandwiches on white bread with tomatoes right out of the garden
5. Homemade rolls (cinnamon, honey pull apart, orange--any baked good)

9. 5 places you have been.
1. Catalina Island
2. Washington DC
3. Chicago
4. San Fansisco
5. Disneyland!
(some day I will leave the country)

10. 5 favorite memories.
1. Vacations with family when growing up.
2. Teton summers (94-99)
3. Being Married-just in general I don't remember the sealing all that well, but I love being married.
4. Kid 1 and Kid 2 were pretty great
5. Backpacking with Dave-no phones, no kids, no work, no church...just us and the trail!

Okay-there is no spell check and I inherited the Lee spelling gene (those who know Grandma Lee know what I mean) so don't judge me by the spelling please. Oh, and Stephanie-tag your it!

8 comments:

Hillary said...

I learned a little more about you! Thanks!

Amy said...

Aren't tags fun! I enjoyed yours. I am so jealous of your dinner group! That sounds like a great idea!

Stephanie said...

Wow! That's 4 tags for me now! I better get going on it. It was so fun learning about you. I didn't know much about you in the last few years. Thanks for sharing!

Katie L. said...

You know I have the spelling gene too! That was so fun to read! It looks like you got more from Grandma than the spelling gene, like decorating, garden tomatoes on bread, rolls and all that fun stuff! Your dinner group sounds like so much fun, give me some more info!

Julie said...

So fun to hear about what you were doing. What did the Secretary in Primary lead to? Are you the pres? You do have darling children. Thanks for accepting your tag. It's so fun to read about you. I made Brooke's sugar cookies today for decorating tomorrow- I thought about you and college days while I made them. Thanks for the great memories. You were the best roommate- before Brett of course. Happy Valentines day!!

Mindy said...

That was fun to read, sis. IT brought back some memories for me too. We had fun in DC and Jackson, huh? I'm excited to hang out with you soon.:)

Robyn said...

Julie-
Yes, I'm the Primary Pres. now. After 2 years in YW I thought Primary Sec. would be a great break-so much for a break! Primary is so much fun though, and YW was great too-I've forgotten what goes on in RS.

Jill said...

Hey Robin. Sorry about my long message on your machine lastnight! Jessica gave me your blogspot. I can't believe how big Miles is! He is still as darling as ever. So is Ian. I'm so glad you have a blog. I've missed seeing you. We had some good ol' times with the Mia maids. :-) I have a blog if you want to visit. It's mjbeardenblog.blogspot.com

Let me know if you want me to add you to our Prairie 6th ward page. Great to see (read about) you again!