Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Let it Snow!



I know most people are probably ready for spring after all the snow we've been having lately, but I have been so excited to actually have a winter and not just the inversion crud that we usually have. It reminds me of when I lived in Jackson and every night it would snow and then you would wake up to a glorious snow covered world with bright blue sunny skies! I don't get to ski like I did in Jackson-having a 14 month old and a 4 year old put a quick hault to that, but I have loved having all this snow. Our house faces south and when the sun comes up on those sunny days our living room and front bedrooms are just bathed in sunshine. Here are some pictures of Ian curled up in his blankies while soaking in the sun, he's like a cat finding the warmest corner of the house to take a nap. Anyway-let it snow it will be scorching hot before we know it.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I feel like you do about the snow! Keep it coming. Until the end of March, then let the sunshine in! Your little boy looks just like I remember your brothers looking. Crazy!

Robyn said...

A lot of people think Ian looks like Mike and Miles looks like Jake. Those crazy genes.

Hillary said...

Robyn, you have such a great attitude about the snow... good for you. Me on the other hand, HATE it and am very excited for spring to get here, so it can snow all it wants in Utah, but for Iowa, we are praying for sunny days!

Katie L. said...

I know how you feel...I am always wishing that is snows but the thing I hate is when I have to go somewhere in it! I am ready for it to be done but Ian has the right idea! My boys sit over the heat vent since we face north!

Nora Mair said...

If it's going to be cold--I'm with you--it might as well snow.

The Glitch Boys said...

I'm with you. Last Thursday was probably my favorite day of the winter. All the snow ruined any Valentine's plans Chris and I had (postponed really) but I had so much fun playing outside with my boys and I remember thinking, "I could never live where it didn't snow."