Friday, February 22, 2008

Catching up

I haven't posted for awhile-so here is what we have been up to in February.

This is the day after the huge snow storm. Dave had to get up twice and shovel in the middle of the night and I shoveled once the next day. It made me feel like I was living in Jackson again. Can I just say I love the all wheel drive Volvo that Dave got me last year! I have not fears of getting stuck. Here are Ian and Ben playing in the big piles of snow by the driveway. Heaving the snow up and over the huge piles that were already there was the hard part.

Some of our time in February was spent eating snow. Mmmmm...according to Ian-although he did tell me to stay away from anything that wasn't white.


We made snow angels in the front yard with Ben. He was such a pro at making the perfect angel-of course he is an angel so nothing less would be expected! Thanks for the fun time Ben!
Valentine's Day

Who knew-or who had forgotten how much fun it is to make a Valentine's Day box. Ian's was of course not pink, but green and turtle covered.

Ninja Ian proud of his completed project. Did all you parents out there know that Valentine's Day is now almost the equivalent of Halloween! Ian came home with a box full of treats-enough to rival his Halloween collection.

Here is Mr. Happy in the tub. He has been his usual pleasant, happy going self lately. He did get pink eye a few weeks ago-poor kid-he was Mr. Grouchy for awhile.

Peek-a-Boo!


Dave also took some time of work this past week. He has a whole bunch of vacation time saved up, but our budget doesn't allow us to go somewhere exotic every time he takes time off -so we just hunkered down at the house and had fun spending time with daddy. Here is Ian playing "Spiderman & Dr. Oc" with Dave. Here Dr. Oc (Dave) is tying up Spiderman(Ian of course) with his own web!

Ian getting a free ride around the house.

We were able to go a few places over Dave's vacation. On Saturday my cousin Lindsey was married in the Manti Temple. We met my parents in Spanish Fork at my Grandpa Lee's and rode down to Manti with them. I had never been to Manti before and it was a fun trip. The temple was beautiful and after they had their wedding luncheon at the Ephraim Social Hall. A whole day without the kids! Thanks Uncle Mike and Aunt Kate for babysitting.
On President's Day we went skiing at Little Beaver up Logan Canyon. I love skiing at Beaver because I don't feel like skiing wanna-be. There are a lot of great intermediate runs and I can even ski some of the black runs (but only at Beaver) so I can feel like a hot shot on the slopes for at least one day. It was the perfect ski day-for me anyway. Sunny skies and lots of groomed runs. I really need to learn to ski powder, but when you only go once a year that doesn't happen. After about 3 runs my legs were rubber, but we skied right up until closing time.

6 comments:

Amy said...

We had a blast in the snow also.
Cute V-day box too!

Katie L. said...

What cute pictures! Ian is getting so big! I love the Valentine's box!

Hillary said...

Fun pictures! Ian looks so grown up. Snow is fun, but enough already, right!

Nora Mair said...

Thanks for saying Ben's an angel--he loves coming ver to your house!

Maryann said...

Robyn-

i got this blog address from Julie! I am so excited to get in touch with you! Cute boys - and adorable pictures!!

Maryann (your old ricks roommate!)

Kamey Jean Hope said...

It was great hearing from you, bri suggested to make a blog so that people can keep in touch and I think its a great idea. I think your kids have grown so much can you believe our little ones are one already.
katelynn she just turned 3 in feb.
Also I love your scrapbook pages they are so cute.