Friday, November 21, 2008

LOTOJA long plan--first step 5K

Back in September I started training for a 5K as part of my long term LOTOJA plan. I don't know if anyone is interested, but here is a quick update of my progress. I started with a training plan called "From the couch to the Finish Line." This was perfect for me, because although I don't sit on the couch all day I have always hated running. I am more of a weight lifting, rock climbing, yoga kind of girl. Anything non-cardio was my thing. Well, the training has gone well and I am know running about 25 minutes at a pop 3 times a week. (Minus the episodes of sinusitis) I am still incredibly slow I think I might run a 12 minute mile, but that could be on the fast side of things. I could probably walk faster, but my heart wouldn't get going as much. Anyway, my knees seem to be holding up (they have issues) and I've only tweaked my back once and that was during the first week. When I get a little faster and can go a little longer I'll be needing some ideas for a great fun race to run in and any volunteers who want to run very slowly with me or cheer from the sidelines.

5 comments:

Rosie said...

That's so cool you are training for LOTOJA. I was listening to the radio last week and they were talking about it. Keep up the running. It only gets better!!

Stephanie said...

Robyn, you are doing so well! We do need to find a 5k. Actually there is a "Santa Run" next Sat. It's kind of pricey though so I'm not sure if I'm going to do it... Keep up the good work and keep us updated with your progress.

Amber said...

Good job, Robyn! I know a great race- it's next August, in Kamas, and it's only a 5k! Of course, there is a TINY bit of swimming and biking first. . .

Jessica said...

I'm impressed, I'll cheer you on!!

Julie said...

Way to go Robyn!