Monday, September 10, 2007

Trekking in the Motherland

I just figured out how to use Dave's new SLR camera. Here are some older pictures -- These are from a backpacking trip Dave and I took to the Tetons at the end of July.


Here I am on our backpacking trip in July. This picture is from the top of Death Canyon where we camped the first night. It rained most of the day, but the rain kept the temperatures down which was greatly appreciated considering we were hauling what felt like 50 lbs. packs (probably more like 20 lbs.). You can see the Grand Teton in the clouds behind me.











This is day 2 we had hiked about 13 miles at this point. This picture is at the end of the Death Canyon Shelf. The Tetons are to the west--just behind me. You can see the trail winding down below me. This was a fabulous lunch spot-we lounged here for awhile before hiking into Alaska Basin.



This was my first backpacking trip since the kids. It was glorious! It was so beautiful. There is just something about being in the backcountry in the Tetons that rejuvenates me. All of the black toenail were worth it. We are going to try to go at least every other year from now on.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hello...I grew up with Dave. I occasionally look at your blog and I just couldn't help but say how beautiful those pictures of the Tetons are! Thanks so much for posting them. It makes me homesick for the West and where the real mountains are!