Saturday, September 29, 2007

March of the Elephants

Ian and Dave watching for elephants.

Here they come!


There they go--

A few days ago the circus came to town. We decided to go downtown to the Gateway to see the elephant walk. Dave called us at the last minute from work and said he would meet us there. We arrived early along with all the other stroller pushing, baby sling wearing mom's and staked out a great spot to view the action. We waited in great anticipation to see the circus parade; especially Bello the elephant who was having a birthday! We waited for about 25 minutes and then we saw the parade coming. I myself have never been to the circus so I was very excited to see what it was all about. As they came closer we could see a man riding on top of the first elephant. Then about seven huge and impressive elephants marched by to which Ian's only response was, "Mommy, they stink!" This whole march took approximately 45 seconds--it was impressive (the elephants even held each others tails) but it seemed almost comical that it was so short lived. We all just kind of sat there after the elephants had past looking at each other and wondering if that was really it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm jealous, I love things like that. The kids never appreciate things like that as much as I think they should.

Nora Mair said...

Yea Elephant walk! So fast but fun.

Katie L. said...

I would loved to have seen that! Ben loves elephants! Those are some cool pictures!

Sheree said...

The elephant parade sounds like so much fun! I guess they make a similar journey into Manhattan in the middle of the night so there's no traffic.
Strangely, I dreamed I went to a Britney Spears concert just to see the elephants. I don't like Britney Spears, but I do like elephants.