Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fish and Apples


So, the other day I decided we needed to eat better. Of course this decision came after a trip to the gym and a visit to the scale. The boys and I prepared to go shopping list and all (Miles ate the list about 5 minutes into the shopping trip). Yes, we are usually a one stop buy everything at Walmart kind of family, but I decided we needed to eat fish to be healthy and thier meat department is a little lacking in this area. I told Ian we would go to Harmon's to buy fish. We got to the meat counter and Ian was fascinated with the whole salmon-head and all. I bought a pound of shrimp and we headed home. We arrived at home and Ian promptly asked if we could have fish for lunch. I was not going to cook shrimp so I pulled out a can of tuna. He was so excited-"Yea-we're having fish." I started to put it on the bread and he looked confused, "Mommy where is the head?" He thought I had bought the whole salmon and somehow got it into the can! I told him the butcher chopped off the head. He has had tuna on every sandwich for a week now, and apparently is so interested in fish he told James Mair (his friend Ben's dad) all about the fish he eats for lunch.


Now, the apples--Cameo apples are my favorite (book clubers I haven't tried honey crisp yet). They are big and crunchy, tart and sweet and they just taste like fall. They do not sell these at Walmart so while we were at Harmon's we bought a bag full of apples as well. These are "Mommy's apples" Ian gets the little Gala's from Walmart. So, fish and apples for lunch have been a hit at my house-mmm, maybe apples chopped up and added to the fish would be good?! :)

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Sounds yummy! I love Harmons. Wish we had one here in Iowa.

Nora Mair said...

Cameo..mmmmmmm tuna..not so mmmmmm

Anna said...

Hey Robyn I found your blog yippee! Have you tried pinklady apples? they are yummmy!
Anna

Unknown said...

Doesn't it feel good to eat right? I love tuna with a ton of pickles on it.

Jessica said...

I wish I could get my family to eat fish! They only eat fish crackers!