Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Useless info. you all were just dying to hear!

I have been tagged. Okay Gretchen here it is..8 semi-interesting, useless, strange, and unusual facts about me.

1. I taught junior high for 4 years. Some say I was crazy. I did enjoy it most days, but there were days I wished I had majored in something a little more predictable. I taught math (which I did not major in-I was really good and pretending I knew what I was talking about), U.S. History, Utah History (I think I learned most of this info at church), and World Geography (learned this from reading National Geographic).

2. I can not swim. I took lessons as a child and had to re-take level 3 twice and then I just quit going. I still do not like deep water. Someday I would like to take swimming lessons, but I've heard it's hard to teach and old dog new tricks.

3. I have worn glasses since I was 6 years old. Now I am so near-sighted I am far-sighted. I really can not see anything without my contacts or glasses. Growing up I had some wonderful 2 inch thick glasses when combined with bad eighties hair--I was a knock-out!

4. Lately I have been into watching not what is currently on TV, but what use to be on TV. I have been checking out old TV series from the library. My favorites lately are MacGyver--this one is mostly for Dave, but who doesn't love a great adventure, Remington Steele--Handsome man with British accent, and Gilmore Girls--someday I will talk really fast and say lots of smart and witty things.

5. I hate shopping! Yes it is true most women love to shop for clothing. I absolutely detest it. It's a combination of being a tight wad with the money and having the longest legs and biggest feet ever.

6. I love to clean and organize things. I absolutely love to throw things out, de-junk, vacuum, dust, straighten, scrub...you get the idea. Strange it is, but I believe it is in my genes (Thanks mom and grandma Lee). My new favorite is the magic eraser--scrub off scuffs in a second-who wouldn't call that fun?!

7. I have a terrible sweet tooth. I think that one came in the genes too (thanks dad and grandpa Lee). If there are sweets in the house especially any baked goods, I just can't keep my hands off of them. My mom use to say we were a cake a day family--chocolate buttermilk being the favorite.

8. My favorite place in the whole world is Grand Teton National Park. If we were billionaires we would live there. My parents met there, we vacationed there as kids, I worked there for 5 summers/1 winter during college, and I met Dave there.

I was never very good at tag-so anyone in my friends/family side bar that wants to pick up on this one go for it.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love Gillmore Girls! I learned some stuff about you that I didn't know! How fun!!

Mindy said...

Yeah, not too much new there for me, but that is the great thing about being sisters: I know all of your secrets! The funny thing is that a lot of those things could have been written about me. Love ya!

Nicolaysen's Neighborbood said...

I have a friend that got me hooked on Gilmore Girls. I'm still waiting for the 7th season on DVD. So cool to hear about you!

Nora Mair said...

I'm jealous of your cleaning and organizing skills. Wish I had them. I really benefit by being your friend though.

Sheree said...

Wow--So many of your fave's are also Dave's fave's. That's so cute!! (and it rhymes). You are invited to CT anytime for some house-cleaning, or just to visit.