Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Green Beans and Meltdowns

Dave took Ian to the store on Saturday to purchase a few things for mom. They went to the produce section to purchase the salad that I insisted we eat with our Little Caesar's Pizza. Dave was checking out the produce when he heard Ian about 20 feet away gagging and about ready to throw up. He ran over and Ian was eating something and apparently not liking it too much. He dug it out of his mouth and asked him what he was eating. Ian pointed and said "Those green beans." He was pointing at the Serrano hot peppers! They headed for the drinking fountain and Ian ended up carrying around a root beer to cool his wounded mouth while they shopped. When they reached the checkout Dave made Ian tell the cashier he stole a pepper and after a re-telling of the story the cashier said he had paid enough for his hot mistake.

Ian's had quite the adventures when it comes to shopping lately. Today at Old Navy he some how got up on the table of sweaters and was crawling around in them. I immediately quarantined him to the shopping cart and he promptly threw a tantrum for the rest of the shopping trip (we left without buying what I had picked out). When Dave came home today he asked what happened at Old Navy and Ian said, "Meltdown."

5 comments:

Nora Mair said...

He's a smart one!

Sheree said...

Ahhhh. Is this as funny when it's your own kid and you have to deal with it? I once took a giant bite out of the side of an eggplant that I mistook for an enormous plum. I was disappointed, but atleast it didn't burn my tongue.

Hillary said...

Isn't is so much fun shopping with kids... Gotta love them!

Jessica said...

My husband still has "melt downs" when ever I take him shopping!

Katie L. said...

I had my friends over for Bunko tonight and for some reason we were talking about peppers. I had to tell the story of Ian and the pepper and they all got a good laugh. In fact, we had to stop the game so I could tell everyone! Thanks for the giggle Ian!