Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Do you decorate a basement?




We have a great TV/playroom in our basement. It has always just been a hodge-podge of miss matched furniture, hand me downs, and any toys that won't fit in the bedrooms upstairs. I finally decided to try to make it somewhat cohesive without buying new furniture (we love the hand me down couch from my parents and the chair from Nora & James). About 6 months ago I painted, here are some pillows I made for the green couch (in hopes I might have a red couch someday), and I also put up some pictures in the play area on the back wall. I think it will add a little something, although I think the best addition was the heater we bought for this winter. Now instead of freezing our toes off the basement is nice and warm and cozy which might be more important than the fabric I picked out for the pillows.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fun! Isn't it great to make things look better- just makes you feel so much better. I really like the red pillows. I thought I recognized that couch!

Hillary said...

I believe everyone has to have a hodge podge room in their house, although it looks to me like your room looks great. I love how you did the pictures on the wall.

Mindy said...

I love your pillows and the pictures. The room looks great! I love the red.

Katie L. said...

I love the pillows! Our basement is a total hodge podge! Nothing matches but it makes it easier to send the kids down there and not worry about what they are going to break!

Maryann said...

Love the picture collage and the pillows are fun too! It is so much fun to give a room a new look!
Email me @ maryannbyg@gmail.com

Sheree said...

I like your photo display. You could slipcover that couch red? Also, those are all cute pictures of the boys--Looks like Miles has been sprouting teeth!
I was thinking about your sleeplessness. Maybe if you stayed up a bit later? I know if I go to sleep with Jackson at 8:00, I usually get up at 9:00 for a couple of hours, but if I go to bed after 9:00, I'm fine. Just a suggestion. Take Care.