Monday, March 29, 2010

When I Grow Up ....

Miles announced yesterday that he is going to be a golfer. This made his daddy very proud. This is the first time he has declared what he wants to be when he grows up.

Ian is working towards becoming an astronaut, a superhero, a professional football and basketball player, a garbage man, a construction worker that drived a skid steer, and an engineer so he can build things like Uncle Jake.

I remember my list looked something like this...ballerina, Wonder Woman, artist, Mary Poppins, scientist, famous writer, concert pianist.

Now, I dance in the kitchen, I'm a mom, I try to take decent pictures and decorate my house, my church bag resembles Mary Poppins, I identify bugs, rocks, plants, birds, etc for Ian, I blog, and I teach piano. Wow--maybe when you are a child growing up you have better expectations of what you can do then when you actually become a "Grown Up."

What was it you wanted to be when you "Grew Up?"


2 comments:

Mindy said...

Nurse Mindy, a vet, a dancer (remember when we used to dress up and dance to Scheherazade?), a entomologist. In some ways I am still all of those things. We dance in the kitchen too, lately to the monkey song. Call me and I will sing it to you again. :)

Michelle said...

I wanted to be a ballerina. I'm glad to see that dancing in the kitchen is normal!