Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yoga & Big Feet

So I've been going to this early morning yoga class now for about a month. It is only once a week, but it as become the workout I don't want to miss. I am loving it! This doesn't mean I'm good at it-imagine a 6 foot tall ballerina with size 11 feet and you can imagine me trying to get into any position gracefully. It really seems to help with flexibility and relaxation-and I feel even taller on the days I go to class. Oh, it helps me sleep better too-yea! Me and the kids practice at home sometimes and Miles has the best down dog I have ever seen. I guess we aren't so bendy when we're older. They say as you get older you should return to activities you enjoyed as a child. I always wanted to be a ballerina, but I was a little uncoordinated and they probably don't make toe shoes that big anyway (I never passed the class that would let me try out toe shoes-I think I took it twice and then decided to quit dancing and join the band). Anyway, yoga kind of reminds me of those dance classes-and I'm pretty sure I can keep going even if I don't get much better. :)

6 comments:

Nicolaysen's Neighborbood said...

I'm totally with you. I LOVE yoga. It's the best workout! Glad you like it and glad it's helping you sleep better!

Marianne and Matt said...

I love all your new posts!! I worked in jackson hole for a summer at Teton High Adventure Base. I lived in a tent...the whole summer, which is sooo not like me, but I LOVED IT!! Your post about the Tetons reminded me of my summer in Wyoming. All though one of your favorite things was not having to cook for a whole summer, but that is exactly what I had to do all summer....three meals a day for over 300 scouts...don't really miss that part:)

Maryann said...

yoga! good for you! It sounds like fun. We do need to get together. It has been way too long since I have seen you ... when are you free?

Hillary said...

Gotta love our size 11 feet and 6 foot frames! I have been taking yoga for a few months now and I have to say I am hilarious to watch, but I LOVE it!

Julie said...

I love yoga too! I'm sure you are more graceful at it then you give yourself credit for. You always have been. I'd sure love to see ya too.

Camille said...

I've never tried yoga -- I guess I ought to!