Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Making Room for Baby

Well, the nesting has begun and the first item on my list was to get the two boys into the same room. This meant moving Miles into a big boy bed, new bunk beds, possibly new paint, new bedding, etc, etc...
Fortunately our neighbors had some bunk beds they were getting rid of and of course I'm game for anything that someone wants to just give me so that part was easy. The bedding not so much--I decided I did not want to paint again. I painted before we had Miles and when we moved into the house and being pregnant and grouchy I decided painting would just stress me out. I was worried about finding something to match the baby blue paint that wouldn't look to "babyish" because my boys are growing up. Walmart to the rescue--I found these cute striped/beachy looking comforters and was so happy that they matched.

Here are a few pics (out of order of course) of how the room has come together--now to just get Miles to sleep in the bed (I found him curled up on the floor the other night).




Free bunk beds with Walmart comforters.
A little space saving idea.

Digital scrapbooking meets canvas, some paint, and my hot glue gun. Ian wanted superhero's, but fortunately he thinks the digger and dump truck are pretty cool.


Now we must get rid of the pink bink! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We keep telling him it is going bye-bye we just need to make sure mommy is ready first.



7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute room! I understand the bink thing. Let me know when you figure it out. I keep saying on his b-day (next week) we're throwing them away, not sure I have the patience yet! :)

Amy said...

I love what you have done! Great Job. It's nice to see you posting again, although I totally had to take a break when I was prego too.

Maryann said...

Cute room! you are so talented! I love the pictures and the labeled bags! Can you organize my house?

Camille said...

How cute! What a great decorator you are!

Hillary said...

Way cute! You need to come decorate for me. I bet the boys love being together!

Julie said...

Great job!! So cute. You again show your amazing talents.

tamster17 said...

Your boys room is so cute! Love the comforters and it all looks great with the blue walls!

Sounds like you are trying to ditch the binky -- is that right? All my kiddos were binky babies and it is no fun getting rid of it. We cut pieces off the end and they didn't like them as much anymore. I did take about a week of crying for hours at nap time to get them to go to sleep and all of that fun stuff. Best of luck and have the phone with your husband on the line to talk you down from giving the dang binky back to the deliriously tired child!

And congrats on your pregnancy! So exciting! We need to plan a get together -- BBQ or something soon so we can all see each other again!