Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ode to Heatburn (aka "Burning Ring of Fire")

Inspired by Adam Lambert's rock rendition of "Burning Ring of Fire" Dave decided to pull out his Johnny Cash CD and let the kids listen to the original. Ian now has a new favorite CD and will probably grow up to be a cowboy. He can sing the entire song word for word (I don't know if this is the best thing although it is cute) and he and Miles have created a new game centered around this song. One of them wears a cowboy hat the other sits on top of the overturned laundry hamper. They hit play on the CD player and the one in the cowboy hat sings and dances around the one on the laundry hamper. It does look like some kind of child inspired rain dance. They do this over and over and over with the CD player on repeat.

So, the other night when awakened by the acid that the baby likes to kick back up my throat you can guess what song started going through my head..."I fell into a burning ring of fire, I went down down down as the flames went higher" I'm not a huge Johnny Cash fan, but at least I can thank him for serenading me through the sleepless nights of pregnancy heartburn!

4 comments:

Sheree said...

That's awesome! I am a huge Johnny Cash fan and its great to see kids exposed to REAL GOOD country music. Just don't name him Sue ;-)

Jason

Unknown said...

I'm right there with ya!

Camille said...

That's one thing I don't miss about pregnancy... heartburn!

Julie said...

You make me laugh. Way to look at the bright side. :)