Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 10--Girl Talk, Baby Eyes, & No Training Wheels

Some days just deserve more than one photo and today was one of those days.
Nora dropped off the kids today for a bit and I talked Paige into helping me make a cake. Now my boys like to help me bake, but it is all about the dumping in the ingredients and licking out the bowl. Paige sat down and we discussed all sorts of things--the weather, the speeds on the kitchen aid, baby Wesley, the purse she just made, how old you have to be to go to a play and then she asked "Where do babies come from." Don't worry Nora I told her they came from heaven and she was happy with that answer. She then polished of the cake beater and helped me change the baby. Girls are different than boys--no small talk with my guys. Thanks for the fun afternoon Paige. Next time we can discuss politics.

Wesley spent a lot of time in the baby carrier today due to all the side effects from that one little tooth he is growing. Here he is peaking out from under his blanket.

And here is the big event for the day--NO TRAINING WHEELS!! Dave took them off and took Ian around to the circle behind our house to learn how to ride a "two wheeler." Dave had planned on taking all day to teach him, but it took all of 2 seconds and he had it down! He spent the rest of the day on his bike learning how to start, stop, and turn. After dinner Dave took him for a ride around the block. He was having so much fun he cried dirt when he came inside.



1 comment:

Mindy said...

Hooray for no training wheels! I am so proud of Ian. I'm glad it went so well. It is so much fun for them to be a "Big" rider.
Sweet Paige. Your chat was so cute. I know exactly what those chats are like. Brynn is my deep thinker with questions about everything. Sometimes the lack of that would be cool. I will have to borrow your boys.
Also hooray for all the posts! It's like chatting with you every day. :)