Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28--Clean Carpet & A Memory

Today we had our carpet cleaned! When we looked at our house one of the things we loved about it was the cream colored wool carpet. It cleans up well and is impressive in its ability to stay clean when you consider the color.

After the Chem Dry guys left I wanted a photo to show off the carpet and I've been wanting to take a picture of the above items for awhile. Here is their explanation--My Grandma and Grandpa Lee both passed away within the last couple of years. They were both so influential in my life and I think about and miss them almost every day. There are so many reminders of them throughout my house, but I think this is my favorite. When we went down to help my dad clean out their house last year I wanted to find something that would remind me of the memory I had of each of them. I picked out this bowl that my Grandpa made. He was an amazing carpenter and also made a few shelves, a dresser, and a grandmother clock that are in my house--but this bowl and the beauty in the wood show off the talent he had for turning wood. The necklace is one that my Grandma wore all of the time. I'm not exactly sure why, but it brings up memories of the way she dressed, how she did her hair, and the energy she always had. These items sit on my dresser and remind me of how lucky I was to have had them in my life.

1 comment:

Katie L. said...

I love this picture! I think of the same things when I see both items.