Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 21--Cook for a Day, Eat for a Month!

I'm in a cooking group and our food trade is this Friday so---today we spent some time with 10 roasting chickens. Here's how the group works--everyone cooks or preps 10 meals that can be stored in the freezer. On Friday we get together and trade meals. It's almost better than Christmas. I come home with 10 meals for a family of 6. We only have a family of 5-2 of which eat very little and one who eats no solid food yet. These meals will usually last me close to a month! It is a great way to introduce my kids to some different kinds of food and what mom doesn't love it when someone else does most of the work. On Friday I'll post the yummy stuff we come home with.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, what a great idea! Especially for those days when you just don't feel like cooking.

Rosie said...

I bet your chickens turned out yummy. I'm glad you introduced me to the idea of freezer meals. I'm still not daring enough to join a group but have loved finding recipes that freeze well. I'm excited to see what you brought home :)

Brandi said...

Yes! Post recipes! I need to do something like that.

I also wanted to say that I LOVE how you are doing your blog now. I love the picture every day and think it is inspiring to have little glimpses into your home. You are wonderful.